Thứ Bảy, 22 tháng 10, 2011

My Kinect Midnight launch details

I know Kinect doesn't go over to well on this site. Mostly because of the fanboyism that runs unchecked here. I will state up front that I am a "Core" gamer in my mid 20's and I decided to pre-order Kinect after I saw it at this past E3.
I also know most people said Microsoft failed at this past E3, I didn't think that though. I saw a changing, I saw Microsoft as the only company that would make money right away from all I saw them offer, they played every card brilliantly.
Having done other midnight launches, most recently Halo Reach, Fable 3 and Modern Warfare 2. Reach had around three hundred people at my local Gamestop. Last night at that same Gamestop, there were no less then five hundred people. Also the main difference was people were joking, having fun and just enjoying themselves. There was no hostility, no trash talking, no nothing. They had some Kinect demo stations up, Pizza, Monster Energy drink. Everyone was having fun. Which is what the basis of gaming is all about right? At least it should be and was for me growing up.

This is why I decided to get Kinect in the first place. I am in a gaming clan/community. I play "Core" games all the time, my team has been sponsored and we've done Gamebattles and been in the playoffs ect... It get's so unsavory to be honest.
I at first glance thought Kinect would be fun with some buddy's coming over and cracking a beer or two, I didn't even take into account of the ability to play online over XBL.
I have a Wii as well, but the lack of true online is frustrating, now there is finally a motion controlled device that has fantastic online options.

People also haven't realized yet that there are more "Casual" gamers then "core" gamers, by a large margin. So it was foolish to think Kinect would fail. It's going to do very well. The reviews are pretty good, there are some fun games. If you haven't actually tried it, you have no right to judge it.

The games are fun, I got Joy Ride, Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures (packaged with it) and Sonic Free Riders. All of which are really responsive.

I can see Kinect doing well for a long time, as I've always said it's a new console in a way, it's not like anything I've seen or done before.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét